Claire Richmond's musings on life after findaTVexpert.com, life in general, family stuff, new careers, new interests, writing and boating on the Thames.
The 5 truths about dyeing your hair at home
August 10, 2017
1. No matter how careful you are, the dye will get all over the sink - and the bathroom in general - when you're applying it.
2. If your bathroom has light wooden panelling of any sort, the dye will land on it - and stain it.
3. When you're washing off the dye in the shower it will get everywhere.
4. No matter how long you spend rinsing the dye off your hair it will still stain your towel - and your lovely white cotton pillow case.
5. Even though you use the same dye each time, it will always, always look darker than you remember.
I grew up in Brazil and went to University in the States. I got my big break on the Big Breakfast in 1993 and went on to series produce Changing Rooms, Ready Steady Cook and Don’t Get Done Get Dom for BBC1. I developed, helped launch & headed up digital and mobile TV channels (London TV for Visit London and Today on 3 Live for 3 mobile) and produced shows ranging from Topless Darts to Fate & Fortune for L!VETV. In 2008 I set up findaTVexpert.com, an online database of experts for the media. After eight successful years I decided to close it. I'm now figuring out what to do next and enjoying long weekends with my husband on our barge on the Thames.